1/1 Photo of Chicken Rice Stew- 2 Ways
Manda C's Note:
This fast,easy stew can be made two VERY different ways! One way is a more traditional,comforting stew. The other is what my friend calls "Cambodian" stew. Both are relatively healthy and reheat well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 small yellow onion, Diced
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 4 large garlic cloves, Finely Minced
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
Additional Ingredients for Cambodian Style
- 1In a large soup pot, bring chicken broth, onions, carrots, garlic, and chicken to a boil.
- 2Boil until chicken is done, usually 15 mins or so depending on thickness of breasts. Remove chicken, dice, and set aside in a bowl.
- 3Add rice to broth and veggie mixture. Bring to a boil and boil on med-high for 5 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat, partially cover, simmer until rice is done. Usually 15 minutes.
- 5Add chicken (Unless you are making Cambodian Style, see below).
- 6Stir and serve!
- 7******If making Cambodian Style, ****.
- 8Add the fish sauce and sugar. Stir. Taste and make adjustments as needed. If you're new to fish sauce, remember you can always add more sugar to counteract the saltiness. But MEASURE! A little goes a LONG way for both ingredients here!
- 9Add chicken and stir.
- 10Place in serving bowl, top with shrimp, cilantro, and a section of lime!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rice Stew- 2 Ways
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1163.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 34.3 g