Recipe by Barry44
The cooking time includes the step of cutting up the meat. I made a large amount on purpose, put what was left over in the fridge and heated up individual portions as needed over the next few days.
- 1 fresh whole chicken, cut into 8 peices
- 10 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, place water, add salt and stir.
- Add chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and skim off fat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Cover and cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the chicken, dice meat and return to the pot.
- Add rice and cook until tender, approx 15 minutes.