Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had a day off, some chicken and rice. Why not make a soup! It's basic and a throw together type of thing. Hopefully some of you try this and like it as much as my family does!
- 6 chicken legs
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 onions, skins removed and cut in half
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalk celery
- 4 garlic cloves (garlic powder will work if you don't have whole garlic)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock (mine was frozen from a previous recipe)
- 236.59 ml chicken gravy
- 1892.72 ml water
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml chicken bouillon (if needed)
- 4.92 ml tarragon
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml coriander
- 4.92-9.85 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 709.77 ml rice (more or less depending on how much broth you wish to have in the soup)
- salt and pepper
- Put everything in the pot to cook.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove it to cool and separate it from the bone; add the meat back into the broth.
- Continue to simmer the soup, leaving the onions, carrots, and celery in to cook down. If you want to remove this though, you can.
- Add the rice, cook it until it's tender and you're done.