Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (48 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 ounces diced cooked chicken breasts (2 cups)
- Bring 4 cups of the broth to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Add the rice, celery, carrot and onion, and cook for 14 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and the remaining broth, and cook another 5 to 6 minutes.
easy peasy lemon-squeezy. 1/2 cup of rice is plenty for me. Thanks!
A nice easy, fast soup to make with one's leftovers... one thing that I added was a little bit of dried parsley. Thank you for posting :)
Easy and quick to prepare, and great-tasting. Thanks for sharing!