1/2 Photos of Chicken Rice Soup
1 hr 30 mins
You will love this soup; true comfort food. This soup works well in the slow cooker at Low for 4 hours but only add your rice for last hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked short-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat oil in large heavy saucepan.
- 2Sauté chicken.
- 3Add garlic,onions,shallot,celery and carrots.
- 4Cook stirring occasionally for appp. 20 minutes.
- 5Add rice and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- 6Add remaining ingredients.
- 7Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and.
- 8Simmer for app 1 hour or until vegetables and rice are cooked.
- 9Serve with grated parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
- 11I often make this soup without the chicken.
- 12Add any fresh herbs for fresh flavour.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 555.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g