- 6 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) packagecooked chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the broth, thyme, dill, bay leaf, carrots, celery and onion in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, stir in the rice, cover and reduceto a simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium heat for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the rice and vegetables are soft and cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.