Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very pretty salad with a slightly Morrocan feel to it. Special enough for a dinner party or just whenever! Easily adjusted for more or less servings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into 8 segments each
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free French dressing (or whatever type you prefer)
- 1 baby romaine lettuce, washed
- Cook rice until just tender and drain well.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok.
- Cook garlic and chicken until chicken is just browned and cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan and let rest 5 minutes, then slice the breasts thinly.
- Combine rice, chicken, onion, celery, apricots, currants, nuts, mint and oranges in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, stir through dressing.
- Arrange lettuce leaves in the base and sides of 4 bowls and spoon salad over the top.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.