A very pretty salad with a slightly Morrocan feel to it. Special enough for a dinner party or just whenever! Easily adjusted for more or less servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/3 cup pistachio nut, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into 8 segments each
- 1/2 cup fat-free French dressing (or whatever type you prefer)
- 1 baby romaine lettuce, washed
- 1Cook rice until just tender and drain well.
- 2Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok.
- 3Cook garlic and chicken until chicken is just browned and cooked.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and let rest 5 minutes, then slice the breasts thinly.
- 5Combine rice, chicken, onion, celery, apricots, currants, nuts, mint and oranges in a large bowl.
- 6Just before serving, stir through dressing.
- 7Arrange lettuce leaves in the base and sides of 4 bowls and spoon salad over the top.
- 8Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 366.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g