Recipe by ~*Sue*~Chef
This is another one of the "chicken stuff" recipes my friends and family request. I love that it has tons of garlic. Yummy! It was on the back of a Riceland Brown Rice box. Serve with a mixed green salad and you're in for a satisfying meal.
Top Review by Marie M.
This was an amazingly flavorful meal. My teens were dying for seconds! I didn't have diced tomatoes so I used stewed tomatoes, cut up with the juice still in, and it turned out great. The author was right about searing and caramelizing the outside of the chicken pieces; it was evident in the taste profile and left you craving more!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and heat through. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 6-10 minutes (I think the key to this recipe is to sear and caramelize the chicken.).
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes, broth, salt and oregano; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 30 mins., stirring once or twice.
- Just before serving stir in parsley. You can also add the rice at this time and heat through or serve over rice.