Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another one of the "chicken stuff" recipes my friends and family request. I love that it has tons of garlic. Yummy! It was on the back of a Riceland Brown Rice box. Serve with a mixed green salad and you're in for a satisfying meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and heat through. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 6-10 minutes (I think the key to this recipe is to sear and caramelize the chicken.).
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes, broth, salt and oregano; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 30 mins., stirring once or twice.
- Just before serving stir in parsley. You can also add the rice at this time and heat through or serve over rice.
I have to agree with the other reviewers ~ this is a great dish! It was easy and delicious ~ my favorite combo. I made as posted. Thanks for posting a keeper! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
This was a great dish! I served it over wild rice and the bowls and plates were empty before I knew it. Hats off for making a recipe that can please 3 to 5 year olds and adults!
This is a terrific and easy to make recipe! I made this for my 7 year old and myself for dinner, and we both had seconds. I did make one small change, I used fresh diced tomatoe instead of canned, and it turned out great. Thanks for a tasty and fast weeknight meal. Made for PAC Fall 07 :)