Recipe by 68Ranchero
This recipe was given to me by my girlfriend over twenty years ago. I take it to our weekly church potluck and it is a hit.
Top Review by Evie*
Something I never considered making until I read this, its so easy and so very good! I used Jasmine long grain rice and the flavour was really good, nice and fluffy too. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons instant chicken broth
- 3 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margerine in a casserole dish.
- Brown orzo.
- Add boiling water and chicken broth, and stir.
- Add rice and stir.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- For variation, try adding 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, 1 can mushrooms, or 1 small can peas.
- Use your imagination.