Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy meal (kind of)
Make and share this Chicken & Rice in a Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (4)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch saffron (generous pinch)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup long-grain rice or 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped from a jar
- 2 cups stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut chicken thighs into bite-sized chunks. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with flour in a closed plastic bag to coat. Stir saffron in wine in a small bowl.
- Heat a medium nonstick pot or deep skillet over medium high flame, about 90 seconds or until rim is hot to a quick, gingerly touch. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté chicken until browned, cooking in two batches, if necessary. Transfer chicken to bowl and reduce heat to medium.
- Sauté onion in same pan until translucent, adding more oil to pan, if needed. Add garlic, stir until fragrant—30 seconds or so—then add rice. Cook, stirring, until rice glistens and smells toasty.
- Stir in chopped peppers and saffron and wine mixture. Return chicken to pan. Stir in broth, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. If needed, add more broth or water by 1/4 cups.
- Serve chicken and rice in bowls. Sprinkle chopped parsley over top.