Quick and easy meal (kind of)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (4)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch saffron (generous pinch)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup long-grain rice or 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped from a jar
- 2 cups stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Cut chicken thighs into bite-sized chunks. Season with salt and pepper, then toss with flour in a closed plastic bag to coat. Stir saffron in wine in a small bowl.
- 2Heat a medium nonstick pot or deep skillet over medium high flame, about 90 seconds or until rim is hot to a quick, gingerly touch. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté chicken until browned, cooking in two batches, if necessary. Transfer chicken to bowl and reduce heat to medium.
- 3Sauté onion in same pan until translucent, adding more oil to pan, if needed. Add garlic, stir until fragrant—30 seconds or so—then add rice. Cook, stirring, until rice glistens and smells toasty.
- 4Stir in chopped peppers and saffron and wine mixture. Return chicken to pan. Stir in broth, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. If needed, add more broth or water by 1/4 cups.
- 5Serve chicken and rice in bowls. Sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Rice in a Pot
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 685.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: