Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just created this recipe tonight, it was a hit.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese, your choice
- bacon grease or oil for browning sauce
- Brown chicken breasts in hot oil on both sides, set aside. Pour any liquid from breasts out and heat up more oil. Combine rice, onions, and spices, brown in oil until onions are slightly softened. Spread rice mixture in bottom of covered casserole, pour chicken broth over it, lay chicken on top. Combine enchilada sauce and cream cheese with mixer, pour over chicken. Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove lid and spread cheese on top, recover and bake an additional 20 minutes, removing lid for last 5 minutes of baking. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.