Recipe by Robert Byrd
This is my Mother's chicken & rice recipe, with slight modifications by me. I've always liked it, and thought it would be nice to pass along
- 2 medium chicken legs (with thighs attached)
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 can water (from soup can)
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 2 cups instant rice, 2 cups water, the butter and the salt into a microwave safe container.
- Cook on high for 7-8 minutes.
- Fluff with fork when done.
- In a small roasting pan, grease, oil or butter the sides, then empty the rice into the pan and level it out.
- In a mixing bowl, empty the can of soup, 1/2 can of water and stir until smooth.
- Add the instant onion soup mix and stir until all the ingredients have been incorporated into the mix.
- Pour about 2/3 of the soup mix over the rice.
- Put the chicken on top of the rice, and pour the rest of the soup mix over the chicken.
- Cover the pan, and cook in a 400 F.
- oven for 3/4 of an hour.
- Remove cover, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.