Recipe by Chandra M
A easy to throw together in the morning, ready when you get home meal. I use chicken thighs instead of breasts because they tend to stay moist and do not get overcooked & dry if you come home later than planned. I call for brown rice, but am planning to try wild rice. I would not use white rice, as it may get too mushy.
Top Review by MsTreva D.
Tried this last night.. Turned out excellent..lots of flavor and very yummy. However..I used two cans of cream of mushroom ..and used yellow rice instead of the white rice. I also added two cups of chicken broth first and soaked the chicken in the broth then coated the chicken with all of the other mixed together ingredients and turned out great I must add!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup (semi condensed like Amy's organic, to use fully condensed like Campbell's, use 1 can soup and one ca)
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except chicken and peas in the crock of your slow cooker.
- Add the chicken thighs and submerse in liquid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. My cooker takes closer to 6, so just check the chicken to ensure it is done.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, stir in the frozen peas. Sometimes 1/2 cup of water is also needed at this point, sometimes it is not.