Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
Low budget meal that pleases everyone.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Mix flour with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Coat chicken; brown chicken in oil.
- Put rice in ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with onion and garlic; top with mushrooms.
- Dissolve boullion in boiling water; pour over all.
- Place chicken thighs on top.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour, or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Easy and a very good recipe!! I followed recipe exactly first time. The next time I used fresh mushrooms, one can of chicken rice soup, and one cup and a little of boiling water mixed with one tsp chicken in a mug. I had no canned mushrooms and only a little chicken in a mug, so had to improvise. I think this is a very versatile recipe, and I will use it often!! Thanks so much for posting it.
We love this! I have made it several times already, and am getting to the point where I can do it from memory. ;-) Actually I just had this for dinner last night! I sub mushroom soup when I don't have any mushrooms on hand, or cream of chicken if I run out of the mushroom soup. I also am guilty of tinkering with the herbs a bit, and I usually add a lot more garlic, just because we love it so much. Thanks for sharing!