Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has become another favorite of mine.
Make and share this Chicken & Rice Chili recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) cansmall red beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray then cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, blend the tomatoes & chilies in a food processor until no longer chunky.
- Mix all the ingredients except the rice, sour cream, & cheese into the pot. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add in the rice, stir & let sit for 10 minutes. Spoon into bowls then top with sour cream & cheese.
I made this recipe on August 25th., 2011 for the " Stop & Cook "Event in the Food Photo Forum and most importantly for mine and my SO's Dinner.I did make a couple of changes to the recipe, instead of using a water/chicken broth blend all chicken broth was used.And instead of blending the Ro-tel tomatoes all the way, I left some chunks in it.As the other reviewer's did the sour cream was omitted.I've tried other chicken chili recipes and they didn't taste quite right,but this one had just the right amount of seasonings. My SO said this one is a " KEEPER " :) Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Easy to make and great on a chilly wintry night! I omitted the cumin (DH just doesn't like it) and accidently doubled the onion powder. I used ground turkey and used "instant" brown rice which actually has to cook about 15 minutes. I added the rice after the broth and water began to boil, and it easily got done. Served with cheese but not sour cream. Thanks for posting.
I found this to be too bland and I didn't care for the texture. The rice became mushy.