Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I really like this recipe beacuse it's just as good left over!
Make and share this chicken rice casserole with cashews recipe from Food.com.
- 1 can chicken broth (14 ounces)
- 2 cups instant rice (can use brown)
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Canadian bacon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup sour cream (can use low fat or non fat)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- in a medium sauce pan bring chicken broth to a boil, add rice.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine rice, chicken, celery, red pepper, canadian bacon, green onions, parsley, thyme, sour cream and wine or chicken broth.
- place in a 3 qt casserole dish, cover and bake 350 for 10 minutes, uncover and sprinkle with cheese and cashews and bake for 10-15 minutes.
With all the ingredients in this recipe, I really expected more flavor. I think the amount of Thyme could be cut back some, because it did overpower somewhat. And I like thyme.