Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this off a jar of Heinz Gravy. I wasn't too sure about making this at first as I always used creamed soups for a recipe like this but decided to give it a shot. Glad I did. It was really good and even better the next day. I used some left over frozen turkey I had and a jar of turkey gravy instead of what is called for. I also chopped the broccoli into smaller pieces after it was cooked as I don't like large pieces of broccoli. This is one of those "what can I have for supper tonight". A real comfort food.
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded, about 2 cups
- 340.19 g jarheinz homestyle classic chicken gravy
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped broccoli, cooked 4 mins. and drained (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, gravy, rice, ½ cup cheddar cheese, cooked and drained broccoli and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Spread evenly in 8 X 8 baking dish.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes until heated thoroughly.
This was such a breeze to make! I love simple recipes that taste good too! I used brown rice instead of white rice, but otherwise made as directed. And I loved the idea of using the gravy instead of a cream of chicken soup. Good solid easy weeknight type of meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag.
So simple and so easy with a great taste, what more could you want. DH was so impressed he said a strong 5 stars. The only change I made was to use fresh, crushed garlic instead of powder and think next time I might even saute some onions to add to it. But a very good recipe just as it stands. Made for "I recommend tag 2012 Holiday Edition
So good! I used brown rice and homemade gravy. The garlic powder was not listed in the ingredients, so I didn't notice it until it was almost done baking, so I added it then, but no harm done:) I can't resist using Braggs Liquid Aminos with rice, so I added that to the finished product. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012