Recipe by DesertRose15
This is from Light & Tasty magazine. I use long grain & wild rice. I omit the salt and add black pepper for extra flavor. If I have leftover turkey, I'll substitute it for the chicken. This is a family-pleasing, lowfat dish.
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice, broth and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt (and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, if desired).
- Stir in the chicken, celery, 1/2 cup almonds and rice.
- Transfer to a 13-in.x 9-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.