Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy, yummy meal the entire family will enjoy.
Make and share this Chicken & Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, defrosted
- 1 -2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) box Uncle Ben's chicken-flavored wild rice
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- In virgin olive oil, brown chicken, seasoned with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt, until golden in colour, over a med-high heat.
- Combine browned chicken with can of condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, box of Uncle Ben's chicken and wild rice, the rice seasoning packet and 1-1/2 cups of water. Mix well and transfer to a 1-1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Spread Stove Top cornbread stuffing mix over top of mixture and pour on 1 cup of water. Dab margarine on top.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
This was really good. I couldn't find the rice that's called for, so I substitued Uncle Ben's Broccoli Graten rice. Othe than that, I followed it exactly and it turned out wonderful. My family loved it!