A great use for leftover chicken or turkey. Uses no Cream of Whatever soup. A creamy wonderful one dish meal of chicken, rice 'n peas, topped off with a mixture of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until golden brown.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat, whisk in flour and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Stir in chicken and add salt and pepper; set aside.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Spread rice in prepared baking dish, sprinkle with the peas and then pour creamed chicken mixture over.
- Dot with remaining tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese which you mix together.
- Bake at 400° until hot and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.