1/4 Photos of Chicken Rice Casserole
A great use for leftover chicken or turkey. Uses no Cream of Whatever soup. A creamy wonderful one dish meal of chicken, rice 'n peas, topped off with a mixture of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until golden brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat, whisk in flour and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Gradually stir in broth and milk, stirring until thick and smooth.
- 3Stir in chicken and add salt and pepper; set aside.
- 4Grease a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- 5Spread rice in prepared baking dish, sprinkle with the peas and then pour creamed chicken mixture over.
- 6Dot with remaining tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese which you mix together.
- 7Bake at 400° until hot and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 574.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 25.7 g