1 hr 10 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I know, I know..you are saying "please not another chicken and rice recipe", but this one is a tad different and I'm posting it by request. I have not made this yet but will make the following change concerning the mayonnaise. If you are not a big fan of mayonnaise (which I'm not) I would suggest cutting it in half. This is one of Paula Dean's recipes, but I added a few extra ingredients like the onion, garlic, butter and the spices. To make this really quick and easy pick up a deli roasted chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In heavy skillet melt butter and saute onion and garlic until soft, about 30 minutes.
- 3In large bowl mix all remaining ingredients and sauted onion/garlic mixture.
- 4Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- 5Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.5
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 1264.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend