Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I know, I know..you are saying "please not another chicken and rice recipe", but this one is a tad different and I'm posting it by request. I have not made this yet but will make the following change concerning the mayonnaise. If you are not a big fan of mayonnaise (which I'm not) I would suggest cutting it in half. This is one of Paula Dean's recipes, but I added a few extra ingredients like the onion, garlic, butter and the spices. To make this really quick and easy pick up a deli roasted chicken.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In heavy skillet melt butter and saute onion and garlic until soft, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl mix all remaining ingredients and sauted onion/garlic mixture.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.