Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One-pan, tasty dinner in an hour.
- 6 -8 chicken thighs (or a combo) or 6 -8 chicken breasts (or a combo)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (not minute)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- black pepper
- Use a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- In bottom of dish pour in the mushroom soup.
- Add rice.
- In boiling water dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Pour over rice. Blend to mix.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, and pepper.
- Place raw chicken on top.
- Sprinkle onion soup on top of chicken and rice.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
I made this tonight and it smelled great in the oven but upon taking it out we found the rice to be very dry and almost too salty. I will make this again for the ease but next time will add less of the onion soup mix and boullion and a little more water. Thanks!
This recipe is so full of flavor! I did use cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom. I will be making again.