Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this out of the Taste of Home magazine.
Make and share this Chicken Rice Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup broth and 3/4 cup of picante sauce.
- Heat through; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring rice and remaining picante sauce; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Add 2 cups of cheese.
- Spoon 1 cup filling, off center on each tortilla.
- Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up.
- Arrange burritos in two ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with picante sauce and cheese.
I came across this recipe today while browsing through my old TOH magazines. It's not a bad recipe, it just didn't "wow" me. The kids enjoyed it more than DH & I. I made a half recipe and used the 6" tortillas. I only filled up 6 tortilla as that was enough for us and I still have some filling left over. If you were to make a whole recipe, I would say you could serve 8-10 people - it makes alot. Thx Sherri!