Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an old family favorite. If you like broccoli, this creamy dish is sure to please a hungry family.
- In a bowl, mix rice, soups, broth and.
- combine with cut up chicken and broccoli. Mix in milk and cut up butter and onions. Mixture will be thick. Place in casserole dish. Spread layer flat. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking another 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. This allows it to set!
- This is more of a chicken bowl consistency not a layered casserole.
The ultimate comfort food! This is so easy to make and is delicious. I didn't have any cheese soup on hand so I made some by using about 1 cup of milk with about 1/2 cup of velveeta. I microwaved that for about 30 seconds, stirred it and added that in place of the canned soup. It came out great - thanks for posting!
My husband and I really enjoyed this. All the chopping was a little time consuming but worth it. I think next time I might add a little more broth or soup to give it a little more sauce. I would make this again in a heartbeat and I still have some left over, yummmm.
Wow. Just made this! it was very simple and soooooo delicious. My husband absolutely loved it. I did add some garlic. Very Yummy!