Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I love rice bowls! This recipe is adapted from the internet.
Top Review by looneytunesfan
This recipe was to die for. My husband ate 3 bowls full. I am not a big vegetable fan so for the veggies I used mushrooms and water chestnuts. I have been told to make this again and again. Thank you
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- hot cooked rice
- steamed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of mixture and set aside.
- Pour rest of marinade over chicken in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pieces well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Add enough water to remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce mixture to measure 2/3 cup; blend in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and saute 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Add teriyaki sauce mixture; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, as desired.