Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love rice bowls! This recipe is adapted from the internet.
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- hot cooked rice
- steamed vegetables
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of mixture and set aside.
- Pour rest of marinade over chicken in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pieces well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Add enough water to remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce mixture to measure 2/3 cup; blend in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and saute 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Add teriyaki sauce mixture; cook, stirring, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice in large individual serving bowls. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, as desired.
This recipe was to die for. My husband ate 3 bowls full. I am not a big vegetable fan so for the veggies I used mushrooms and water chestnuts. I have been told to make this again and again. Thank you
This is a nice quick and easy recipe to make. I have also made it using beef cut into small strips. I like to add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, baby corn, onions and mushrooms to my mix and let it simmer to absorb the flavorful sauce (which I tend to double). The kids love this!!
Wow! So easy and delicious.....Doubled the sauce as other reviewers did, added mushrooms, water chestnuts and pea pods......heavenly. Already thinking about what veggies to try next time!