Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Based on a recipe I got from dvo.com, modded a bit for personal taste. It will likely be even better with a clove or three of (crushed) garlic, but I forgot to make it WITH garlic, thus, it's not included here. Even my extra-picky eater mother-in-law loved this.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange chicken in 1 layer in 9x13 baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add in soup and water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake at 325F for 2 hours. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.