Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is super easy, fast and yummy recipe that is a one dish meal. My family loves it. It looks as great as it tastes
- 1⁄2 cup onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked white)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 roasting chicken (Whole fryer cut up or chicken breast, any kind will do)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- In skillet saute onion and uncooked rice in oil until onions are translucent then pour into buttered 9 x 13 baker.
- lay chicken on top of rice mixture.
- dissolve bouillon cubes in water, stir in celery salt, salt, pepper, and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika
- cover with foil.
- bake 350 for 60 minutes then uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.