Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A light, tasty and easy to put together chicken and rice dish. Something for a night when there just isnt enough time to put too much energy into the cooking. You can either use a can of cream of mushroom soup or a can of cream of chicken soup for this dish. You can make this dish without the eggs on top - i have had it both ways and they are both equally delicious and easy to digest.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh green beans, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash dried herbs
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs (optional)
- shaved parmesan cheese
- In a large frypan saute onion and garlic until translucent, add mushrooms and stir through. Add chicken and brown (do not cook through).
- Cook sliced green beans for about 4 mins on high in the microwave, remove and drain.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients EXCEPT the eggs and the parmesan cheese.
- Pour into a greased oven dish and cover with foil.
- Cook for 45 mins at 180 degrees Celcius. (Check the dish and stir after 30 mins and add more stock if you feel it is drying too quickly). Remove the foil after 45 mins and cover the top of the dish with the shaved parmesan cheese and crack the eggs on top of the parmesan (one in each corner of the dish).
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked.