Recipe by Janeydoe
This one comes from my Mother's recipe collection. It is easy and delicious. I use 4 large breast halves.
Top Review by Scrapper842
Should've doubled this! I really loved it... some other picky family members weren't impressed. I did make a few changes - omitted the celery and mushrooms. Sauteed some mushrooms separately since I'm the only one that likes them. Served with steamed green beans. Yum!
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 10 1⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In ungreased 9x13 pyrex dish, combine raw rice, onion, 1/2 tsp salt, celery, water, soup and mushrooms; mix well.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture, skin side up.
- Either drizzle melted butter over chicken or place a small pat of butter on each piece then sprinkle with lawry's salt to taste.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and done.