Recipe by FitNLeanStud
Many flavors mixed together to compliment the moist and tender chicken breasts. This can be easily adapted and ingredients can be added or removed.
Top Review by DanielMissimer
I prepared this in a 12x12 inch cassrole dish. The chicken did not thoroughly cook through at 90 minutes. I beleive 2 1/2 hours should be the minimum cooking time for this dish. It was very good in the end and easy to prepare.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, diced into thirds
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 25 stalks
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream (half and half is an option)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish, mix together the 2 packages of rice, chicken broth, cream of mushroom, mushrooms, olives, onion, cream, and white wine. Stir until all is mixed well.
- Place chicken breasts into the casserole dish and mix ingredients over the chicken.
- Place asparagus stalks across the casserole dish, making sure the stalks are coated in the mixture and remain on top.
- Cover dish and bake for an hour and a half at 350 degrees.
- Serve chicken with rice and asparagus as sides.