Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Many flavors mixed together to compliment the moist and tender chicken breasts. This can be easily adapted and ingredients can be added or removed.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, diced into thirds
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 25 stalks
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream (half and half is an option)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish, mix together the 2 packages of rice, chicken broth, cream of mushroom, mushrooms, olives, onion, cream, and white wine. Stir until all is mixed well.
- Place chicken breasts into the casserole dish and mix ingredients over the chicken.
- Place asparagus stalks across the casserole dish, making sure the stalks are coated in the mixture and remain on top.
- Cover dish and bake for an hour and a half at 350 degrees.
- Serve chicken with rice and asparagus as sides.
I prepared this in a 12x12 inch cassrole dish. The chicken did not thoroughly cook through at 90 minutes. I beleive 2 1/2 hours should be the minimum cooking time for this dish. It was very good in the end and easy to prepare.