John W Wenzelburger's Note:
I pulled down a recipe for Chicken Rice soup and then started adding stuff, so what I ended up with was very different then the original. I think it turned out very good and made a nice supper, great for a cool day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice (Jasmine)
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth or 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 9 baby carrots, sliced ¼ inch
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced ¼ inch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 reserved)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (and/or other Spices your choice)
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, large pieces cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 1Mix, wash and cook the rice, I use a rice cooker.
- 2Put 3 cups of chicken broth in a 3 qt sauce pan.
- 3Add last cup of broth later IF you want it more soupy.
- 4Bring to a slow boil.
- 5Add Carrots, Celery, Onion and about three cloves of the minced Garlic.
- 6Cover and simmer for about 15 min until vegetables are soft.
- 7While broth mix is cooking, put enough wine in a shallow pan to cover the bottom about ¼ inch, then add spices and or Chicken seasoning.
- 8Add last clove of the minced Garlic.
- 9Mix well and bring to a slow boil.
- 10Add chicken and cover, stir chicken every few minutes until cooked through.
- 11When Chicken is done add contents of pan to broth mixture.
- 12When Rice is done add to broth mixture along with Mushrooms and Worcestershire Sauce.
- 13Salt to taste.
- 14(Taste first; chicken broth can be salty).
- 15Black Pepper to taste.
- 16Simmer until mushrooms are soft then serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 872.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g