Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I pulled down a recipe for Chicken Rice soup and then started adding stuff, so what I ended up with was very different then the original. I think it turned out very good and made a nice supper, great for a cool day.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice (Jasmine)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth or 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 9 baby carrots, sliced ¼ inch
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced ¼ inch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 reserved)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (and/or other Spices your choice)
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, large pieces cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- Mix, wash and cook the rice, I use a rice cooker.
- Put 3 cups of chicken broth in a 3 qt sauce pan.
- Add last cup of broth later IF you want it more soupy.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Add Carrots, Celery, Onion and about three cloves of the minced Garlic.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 min until vegetables are soft.
- While broth mix is cooking, put enough wine in a shallow pan to cover the bottom about ¼ inch, then add spices and or Chicken seasoning.
- Add last clove of the minced Garlic.
- Mix well and bring to a slow boil.
- Add chicken and cover, stir chicken every few minutes until cooked through.
- When Chicken is done add contents of pan to broth mixture.
- When Rice is done add to broth mixture along with Mushrooms and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- (Taste first; chicken broth can be salty).
- Black Pepper to taste.
- Simmer until mushrooms are soft then serve.
This was quick to cook, but I used 3 pots to make it. I used 4 cups broth. I used extra water and omitted wine when cooking chicken. The chicken tasted really good. Vegs and broth were good too. I might not put in the worcestershire sauce next time.