1/9 Photos of Chicken, Rice, and Spices Bake
' =^..^= 'Ameera' =^..^= ''s Note:
I got this recipe from my friend Kasey a long time ago (I have adjusted the spices to my taste) and it is very easy--even for those that just can't seem to get basmati rice to cook "just right". So long as you cover the baking dish tightly with foil, it will not fail! I brought this to a pot-luck at work one day and ever since this dish was always requested by everyone at all of our potlucks.***I am cutting the salt to around half since there are quite a few reviews saying it is too salty. I don't measure the spices when I cook so I think I guessed the amount wrong.*** *** the cinnamon amount should be 1/2 tsp to 3/4 tsp only, not 2 teaspoons. I have tried changing it twice now and get email confirmation that the changes have been approved but it still says 2 tsp of cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove (chopped, minced or crushed)
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 3/4-1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained or 2 cups regular medium grain rice or 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2Bring water to boiling and add chicken bouillon cubes, lower heat and simmer till dissolved--keep it hot.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with half the spices (except the garlic).
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on med-high to high heat and fry the chicken till both sides are brown, lower heat to medium and remove the chicken to a plate.
- 5In that same skillet sauté the onions for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and remaining spices and sauté another 2 minutes, then turn off the burner.
- 6Add the rice and stir for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, till well coated.
- 7Spread rice in the baking dish and place the chicken thighs over the rice.
- 8Gently pour in the chicken stock and cover tightly with foil.
- 9Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Rice, and Spices Bake
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.3
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 162.3 mg
- Sodium 1210.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 54.9 g