Recipe by Manda C
I'm not sure where this recipe originated, but my Mom has been making it for years, and it's our "standby" when we can't decide what to make for dinner. We usually use leftover rice, but recently my sister has decided no-yolk egg noodles work well with it too! This recipe can be made low-fat by using reduced fat soups and sour creams, but they won't thicken up like the regular varieties.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) containerof regular sour cream
- water, to thin mixture
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups instant rice, prepared as directed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soups, sour cream, and water in large sauce pan. Add water till it's as thin or thick as you'd like. Heat till bubbly.
- Place the chicken breast tenders in a separate,shallow baking dish. Pour enough sauce to almost cover the chicken. Make sure you flip them so sauce is on both sides of the chicken. Apply salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 20 mins, or until no longer pink.
- Prepare instant rice as directed.
- After chicken and rice are finished cooking, it's time to plate.
- Place chicken in the center of the plate and surround with rice. Pour as little or as much sauce as you'd like!