1/3 Photos of Chicken, Rice and Cabbage Soup
A tasty soup from a cookbook called "Lean and Lovin' It". Cut down on the white pepper and cayenne for a less spicy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (regular long grain white rice will also work)
- 1/3 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 slices lemons
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken, chopped (may also use cooked turkey)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- 2Add onions and rice.
- 3Reduce heat to low.
- 4Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 6Add cabbage and boil for 2 minutes.
- 8Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice.
- 9Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne.
- 11Simmer until the chicken is heated.
- 12Stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- 13Return soup to a simmer.
- 14Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Rice and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 344.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth