Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I found on a cooking blog, The Sister's Dish. These burritos are so easy to make! Once I made them, we LOVED them, and it's a keeper in our house. I have used Pace medium picante sauce in them, and I have also used Mexican-style Rotel (drained), and they were both good. For the rice, I usually make the Quick Spanish Rice recipe on here (#17126), use a cup for the burritos, and then I just serve the rest as a side dish. Hope you like them!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 (13 ounce) can chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa or 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1⁄2-1 cup cheese, grated
- 6 -8 large flour tortillas
- Cook and chop, or shred, chicken. You can season it if you'd like, but it's not necessary.
- Add rice, beans, salsa and cheese to the chicken; mix well. Spoon mixture into tortillas.
- Fold the tortillas burrito-style, and place, seam-side down in a baking dish (I usually line a jelly roll pan with foil).
- Bake at 375 until hot (about 10 minutes). Serve with extra Spanish rice or refried beans.