Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Recipe received from a relative. Tip - the drumsticks fit the best if you alternate the direction of the large and small ends throughout the dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rice in a layer on the bottom of a 9x13" glass dish.
- Top with mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Combine onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and water in a separate bowl, mixing well.
- Place chicken in a layer on top of the rice and vegetables.
- Gently pour soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and rice is ready.
Delicious and easy! The changes I made was using boneless chicken breasts and cooking it for 1 hour instead of the time indicated and skipping the mushrooms and water chestnuts. Delish! Thanks for sharing!