1/1 Photo of Chicken & Rice
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I don't make a lot of dishes using canned soup and the like, but this is our guilty pleasure comfort food dish. It's warming and filling, and easy to throw in the oven. Easy meal with a nice salad or other veggie dish. I got this recipe from my mom. It makes a lot of rice, which is our favorite part! Tip - the drumsticks fit the best if you alternate the direction of the large and small ends throughout the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place rice in a layer on the bottom of a 9x13" glass dish.
- 3Top with mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- 4Combine onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and water in a separate bowl, mixing well.
- 5Place chicken in a layer on top of the rice and vegetables.
- 6Gently pour soup mixture over the chicken.
- 7Cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and rice is ready.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 779.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 20.3 g