Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 200 g chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 onions
- 4 garlic
- 6 slices ginger
- 1 pandan leaf
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fresh chili peppers
For the Sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chicken stock (From boiling the chicken later )
For the Garnishing
- 2 cucumbers, slices
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 parsley sprig
- Steps :.
- Chicken and soup :.
- • Place the chicken into a pot , and add water until the chicken is covered .
- • Remove the chicken , add 3 slices of ginger , 1 teaspoon of salt ,1 teaspoon of pepper , 1 sliced onion and garlic in the water and wait for the water to boil for 5 minutes .
- • Then , add the chicken in the pot , and heat it over high heat for 15 minutes and then , low heat for 15 minutes .
- • Remove the chicken and place it in a pot of cold water for 10 minutes . ( This is to make the chicken meat juicy and tender . ) ( Keep the stock from the pot which the chicken was heated in . ) ( Pour in a bowl as soup ).
- • After removing the chicken from the pot , slice it .
- Rice :.
- • Grind the remaining 3 onions , garlics and slices of ginger till theres no solids . ( Keep abit of extra paste for the chilli later . ).
- • Add the paste into a saucepan and add olive oil in it .
- • Wash the rice , and add the paste and stock to the rice and stir thoroughly .
- • Add the pandan leaf , and cook the rice .
- Chilli :.
- • Grind the chilli after removing its seed , with the excess onion garlic and ginger paste and the chicken stock .
- Sauce :.
- • Stir the oyster sauce , sesame oil , 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining chicken stock together .
- Garnishing and Serving :.
- • Put the rice on a plate , place the chicken on top of the rice , and pour the sauce over the chicken meat .
- • Put parsley leaves on top of the soup .
- • Put sliced cucumber and the cherry tomatoes at the side of the rice .
- • Lastly , serve it with a saucer of chilli .