Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a family favorite and a comfort food from my youth.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 dash garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 lb chicken (drumsticks, breasts, etc... your preference)
- French-fried onions
- Beat together soups and heat.
- Add 1/2 cup milk.
- Add 2 cups minute rice and garlic powder.
- Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour rice mixture into dish and lay chicken pieces over rice mixture. Sprinkle with Frenches fried onions or dry onion soup mix. NOTE: If you leave the skin on the chicken and take it off after baking, the chicken is more moist.
- Cover and bake at 275°F for 3 hours.