Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This was a recipe from one of my recent Weight Watcher cookbooks but I have made some adjustments. It's very simple, very healthy and very tasty. Serve with brown rice or naan bread.
- 200 g chicken, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 4 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (or more to taste)
- 4 cardamom pods, seeds only
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 330 ml water
- Cook the meat in a saucepan for 3-4 minutes until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and pepper to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and spices, cook for 1 further minute before adding the yogurt, tomatoes and finally add the meat back inches
- Stir in 330 ml water, bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat. Leave to simmer for 1 hour until tender.