Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I don't eat a lot of beef, and I found this recipe (submitted by Gail Bush) in the Fix it and Forget it Cookbook. I've changed it slightly, but it's still easy and extremely tasty.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (2 lb) bag sauerkraut
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups thousand island dressing
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Layer sauerkraut, then salad dressing over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Shred cooked chicken breasts with fork, and mix thoroughly with sauerkraut and dressing.
- Spoon onto 1 slice pumpernickel bread.
- Top with 1 slice swiss chesse and other slice of bread.
This is cooking in my crockpot now...have not tried it yet, but it smells amazing! Bought Rye bread instead of Pumpernickle...will be happy to post the results after we have dinner tonight.