Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is very tasty and easy to make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can canned sauerkraut, drained
- 8 slices corned beef
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups thousand island dressing
- 1 cup soft rye breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer chicken evenly with sauerkraut, corned beef, and Swiss cheese. Pour dressing over top.
- Combine breadcrumbs, butter, and parsley; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake casserole at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
What a fun casserole! I rinsed my sauerkraut really well, diced my chicken and shredded my cheese. Served with home fries and a giant dill pickle! Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2012