Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a great idea to use up the leftover corned beef from St. Pat's day. Easy and quick
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sliced corned beef, ...sliced thin
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces thousand island dressing
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F conventional / 325°F convection.
- Pocket chicken breasts in the thickest part about 3/4 way through.
- Place Swiss cheese and 2 oz each of cooked corned beef inside pocket.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl mix parmesan (this is not the shaker parm you put on spaghetti) this is grated ! and mozzarella and 1000 island should be a thick shmear:).
- Place chicken breasts in oven for 10-13 minutes until 90% done. Remove from oven. Smear the 1000 island on top of breasts and return to oven till cheese is bubbling and sauce has darkened. about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of sauerkraut or If you have leftover cabbage, I like to fry raw cabbage in a sauté pan with olive oil till brown. Add salt and a splash of cognac and serve chicken on a bed of this cabbage.