Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like corned beef reuben's, then you will love this chicken version! Very easy to make and so delicious.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 8 ounces thousand island dressing
- In a 13x9 casserole, layer the ingredients starting with the chicken and then add the sauerkraut, the dressing and the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
This is a really good recipe. The chicken turns out to be very tender. My kids were OK with it, but my mom LOVED it. I liked it very much, but still like corned beef rueben dishes better. I guess it depends on your taste. I will probably make this again, especially for my parents. It was SUPER easy, too.
I originally gave this 5 stars but I didnt actually make this and was a new chef at the time. Did have it as a sandwich so it is good, but not fair for me to rate it.
This is absolutely awesome! Really easy but the taste is great. For those of us who don't eat red meat this is a great addition for our recipe file. I'll keep making this recipe and so will you.