Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very simple recipe to serve over rice. Although peppers are in season in summer, I can also see making this for Valentine's Day since it is red & white! From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (July/August 1999)
- Stir the cornstarch, 1/4 cup of broth, garlic and lemon pepper together until smooth; add the chicken strips and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken mixture and remaining broth; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper strips; cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes. (During this time, I added a little water to the pan because I was afraid it was going to cook dry. It worked out well, and produced a nice sauce.).
- Garnish with green onions or chives.
Quite good. I would eat this again. We had it with a super salad. We followed the recipe and wouldn't change anything next. It doesn't take long to make. In fact it's faster than making rice! Imagine that!
Wow, what a light and delicious dinner! I only used 1 tsp of oil, and added a little salt. Next time, I will add the cornstarch to the sauce AFTER cooking the chicken and pepper through, to make a smoother sauce. I used the green onions for garnish and served over rice, with a green salad and broccoli as sides. Very healthy and tasty!