1/4 Photos of Chicken Red Pepper Saute for Two
Vino Girl's Note:
A very simple recipe to serve over rice. Although peppers are in season in summer, I can also see making this for Valentine's Day since it is red & white! From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (July/August 1999)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir the cornstarch, 1/4 cup of broth, garlic and lemon pepper together until smooth; add the chicken strips and toss to coat.
- 2Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the chicken mixture and remaining broth; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add red pepper strips; cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes. (During this time, I added a little water to the pan because I was afraid it was going to cook dry. It worked out well, and produced a nice sauce.).
- 5Garnish with green onions or chives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Red Pepper Saute for Two
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning