A very simple recipe to serve over rice. Although peppers are in season in summer, I can also see making this for Valentine's Day since it is red & white! From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (July/August 1999)
- Stir the cornstarch, 1/4 cup of broth, garlic and lemon pepper together until smooth; add the chicken strips and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken mixture and remaining broth; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper strips; cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes. (During this time, I added a little water to the pan because I was afraid it was going to cook dry. It worked out well, and produced a nice sauce.).
- Garnish with green onions or chives.