Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from my 365 One Dish Meals Cookbook. Try switching out the salad greens for bagged coleslaw mix.
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 -7 cups assorted salad greens
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Cook, stirring, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Fill the same pot ¾ full with water and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Add snow peas and red pepper and cook 1-2 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain well; return to pot.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons vegetable oil and 2 minced garlic cloves to pot along with chicken, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil and salt.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving on salad greens.