Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great soup served on a cold day. Talk about your comfort food--Yum!
Make and share this Chicken Raviolini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups water
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cubed and cooked chicken
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (Sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package cheese ravioli or 1 (7 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen broccoli (Thawed)
- grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle over bowl of soup (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, combine all ingredients (except the ravioli or tortellini and broccoli). Bring to a boil, then add the ravioli or tortellini.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Add thawed broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or till broccoli is done.
- Serve (1-1/2 cup servings) hot with parmesan cheese sprinkled over top.
- Great with hot crusty bread.
Good soup! I used 8 cups of chicken stock (from my freezer stash) and 2 cups water. For the pasta I used 8 oz. of tri-color tortellini and the rest of the recipe I did as written, using low-fat cream of chicken soup. Makes a nice big, flavorful pot of soup, we have enough for another meal. Thanks Darlene, good recipe!
I loved this, but my daughter and husband would only eat a few bites, so I'm averaging that out to three stars. I served this alongside mini Turkey Philly Sandwiches. My raviolini had cheese and spinach in them, so I skipped the broccoli. It was a great combination of flavors and easy to prepare. I'm looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch today!
I have been in a soup mood lately and this certainly hit the spot! I always have cooked chicken in the freezer and that is what I used for this delicious soup. The ingredient ratio is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. You did it again, Darlene Summers.