Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Another great diabetic-conscious recipe with Old World flavours.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Admittedly I was attracted to the recipe because of the cute movie for kids that just came out, but I'm thrilled to have found a filling healthy dinner that doesn't taste low fat at all! The vegetables are quite tasty - the mushrooms especially were our favorite. All of the vegetables on the ingredient list didn't fit in the a large skillet so next time I'll use one zucchini and half an eggplant.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken in oil about 2 minutes per side.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and green pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients except.
- cheese and simmer 3-5 minutes more.
- Arrange chicken on top of vegetables and sprinkle cheese over chicken.
- Cook 1 more minute until cheese melts.
- Serve over barley or rice.