Recipe by MarieRynr
Juicy and bubbling, with squashy tomatoes providing a delightful contrast. Yummy!!
Top Review by Highland Lass
You are not exaggerting when you say juicy...who would have thought! I used two chicken breasts sliced in half although being a cheese nut, I kept your cheese mixture measurements as is. We were amazed at the tenderness of the chicken. I used small grape tomatoes which held their shape and added a lovely sweet contrast to the dish. Thank you MarieAlice!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 rounded tbs coarse grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons milk, preferably full fat
- 1 (150 g) packet cherry tomatoes, preferably on the vine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200*C.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half through the middle so you have two thinner pieces (so they will cook quicker).
- Lightly oil a shallow baking dish, one that is big enough for the chicken to fit easily in a single layer.
- Lay the chicken in the dish.
- Mix the cheese, mustardand milk in a little bowl, then pile the mixture on top of each piece of chicken.
- There is no need to smooth it out.
- Throw the tomatoes, still on the vine, all around the chicken, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes until the chicken is golden and the tomatoes squashy.
- Serve with broccoli and steamed new potatoes if desired.
- It's delicious when you squash the tomatoes on your plate to blend it into the cheesy sauce.