Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comfort food and a quick, inexpensive supper dish.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bread, toasted and cut into quarters
- Brown bacon in a medium size skillet, remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Add chicken to the skillet and brown on all sides, stir in onion.
- Add milk, soup, hot sauce and salt, heat until almost boiling, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes over low heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted and serve over toast.