Recipe by Simply Chris
I do not remember where this recipe came from, originally it called for beef chuck. I've modified it and now make it with chicken. It's always well received at my house. You can make it mild or hot, depending on the type of salsa you choose. Serve with a salad and some warmed up tortillas.
Top Review by jovigirl
We really didn't care for this very much. I think we just prefer tomato based mexican dishes. If you really like green chili salsa, you'll love this. Its got some kick to it too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken over medium heat,in olive oil about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and continue cooking until chicken is done and onions are soft (about 10 more minutes).
- Add garlic, green chiles and broth.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in salsa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Gently fold in cubed cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately over beds of rice.